The office of the Director of Students’ Welfare (DSW) takes care of various student affairs. The Director of Students Welfare looks after the general welfare of the students outside the classroom and contributes to the growth and development of their personality and skill and promotes understanding among the students through fruitful intellectual, social, cultural and corporate life in the University.
The primary activities of DSW office are:
- - Organizing sports and extracurricular activities
- - Providing facilities and training courses for various games and sports like- Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis, Kabaddi, Basketball, etc.
- - Organizing social and cultural activities with student’s participation.
- - Arrangement of facilities for educational tours and excursions and participation in sports and cultural activities outside the University.
- - Organizing and managing Inter –College Sports meet, Youth Festivals and Inter University Games and Sports.
- - Organizing and managing all matters related to students’ welfare, conducting discipline and training programmes for students.
- - Coordinating training and placement works for registered students of the university.
- - Coordinating NCC/Physical Training/NSS/Yoga programmes for students and their sessional credits.
- - Coordination with Foreign Students during difficulties.
- - Coordinating with Anti-Ragging Squad, Anti-Ragging Monitoring Cell and Ragging Prevention Cell.
- - Coordinating with Law and Order authorities with respect of student discipline.
- - Coordinating with the Hall of Residence regarding smooth functioning of the hall of residence.
- - Organization of student bodies in the university and their functioning.
- - Providing Financial Aid to needy students and making special arrangement, if any, to women students and differently abled persons.
- - Coordinating medical and health services of the students.
- - Coordinating with parents/guardians of the students with respect to their performance.
- - Providing students counseling, students –information services.
- - Presenting awards – trophies, momentos, certificates etc. in different competitions.
Profile of the Office of the Director of Student Welfare
||Dr. Anjalu Basumatary
||Sri Banajit Brahma
||Ms. Kakila Basumatary
Students Grievanece Redressal Form Bodoland University Students Union