About the Course
The Department of Political Science has initiated the center in the year 2012 the center is yet to offer any degree or diploma, the Center organizes Seminar, Discussion, Debate on Peace building in the region and International Collaboration on peace building. The center aims to offer Diploma and Degree on Peace Building and Conflict Resolution in near future.
Aims and Objectives of the Centre
- Demonstrate knowledge of research pertaining to conflict transformation, peace building, negotiation, arbitration etc.
- Identify, Explain, Compare and prepare the key elements of conflicts and the trajectories of peace across North East India and beyond.
- Scope and Possibilities to work and collaborate with National and INGOs.
- To disseminate the ideas of peace and conflicts.
- To shape the future leaders for peace or grounded leaders on peace/non-violence, to represent India in an International forum on Peace Building, Peace Making.
The centre is in the process of collaborating with Peace Initiative of NE India (PINE) and in the process or organizing a peace workshop in the month the February 2023.